Lesson 1: Creating a New Site
TOPIC A: Create a Site
- What is SharePoint?
- SharePoint Site Hierarchy
- What are Top-Level Sites?
- SharePoint Site Templates
- Site Creation Options
- Navigate the Site Settings Page
- Site Actions Group
- Deleting a Site
TOPIC B: Design Your SharePoint Site
- Look and Feel Group
- Change Title, Description, and Logo
- Change the Look Settings Page
- Customize Looks
- Customize Text Layout
Lesson 2: Adding and Configuring Libraries
TOPIC A: Configure a Document Library for a Team Site
- Document Library Settings
- Navigate Documents Settings page
- Change Library Name, Description, and Navigation Settings
- Change Versioning Settings
- Change Advanced Settings
- Change Enterprise Metadata and Keyword Settings
TOPIC B: Configure the Site Assets Library for a Site
- What is an Asset Library?
- Create an Asset Library
- What is the Rating Feature?
- What is Content Approval?
TOPIC C: Add a Wiki to your Site
- What is a Wiki?
- Add a Wiki Page Library
- Wiki Page Library Settings
- Approving Content
Lesson 3: Adding and Configuring Lists
TOPIC A: Add an Announcement List
- What is an Announcements List?
- Add an Announcement List
- Add a List, Library, or App on a Page
- Edit Web Part Options
- Web Part Toolbar Options
TOPIC B: Add a Task List
- What are Task Lists?
- Add a Task List
TOPIC C: Add Contact and Calendar Lists
- What are Calendar Lists?
- Add Calendar Lists
- What are Contacts Lists?
- Add Contact Lists
TOPIC D: Add a Blog
- What is a Blog Site?
- Add a Blog Site
- Writing and Managing Blog Entries
TOPIC E: Add a Custom List
- What are Custom Lists?
- Adding a Custom List
- Options When Adding List Columns
- What are Calculated Columns?
- Validation Settings
Lesson 4: Configuring Site Settings
TOPIC A: Configure Site Search Options
- What are Result Sources?
- What are Result Pages?
- Configure Site Search Settings
- What is the SharePoint Search Center?
TOPIC B: Configure Site Administration Settings
- Site Administration Settings Group
- Configure Regional Settings
- Access Popularity Trends
TOPIC C: Configure Site Navigation Settings
- Site Navigation
- What are Site Pages?
- Navigation Elements
- Configure Quick Launch Options
- Configure the Top Link Bar
- Notes on Navigation Across SharePoint Sites
Lesson 5: Assigning Permissions and Access Rights
TOPIC A: Configure Site Permissions and Security Options
- What are SharePoint Permissions?
- SharePoint Users vs User Accounts
- Using SharePoint Groups
- SharePoint Permission Levels
- What is Permission Inheritance?
- Securable Objects
- Permissions for Securable Objects
- Permissions for Sites