ACI Field Engineer Implementation (ACI-FEI)
About This Course
This four-day ILT course is designed to take Field Engineers and System Architects with no ACI experience and prepare them to design and build an ACI fabric. Students will learn what they need to know to take Cisco switches from the loading dock and build an operational, functioning ACI fabric that includes servers, virtual machines, external networks and service devices.
Specific topics addressed in this course are ACI configuration and basic operations, including rack-and-stack initial installation, application profile configuration, ACI under-the-hood, VMware hypervisor integration, external connectivity, layer 4-7 service device integration, operations and troubleshooting. There are detailed labs for each step of the course.
The curriculum is delivered as Just-In-Time learning, designed to provide Engineers just what they need to know, just when they need to know it. Students are not given training that they are not able to apply immediately. With this production-focused training, the student will be ready for the technical requirements of today. With the included library of curated references, the student is also poised to meet the requirements of the future.
The course provides insight from subject matter experts and over 100 production installations. These subject matter experts have insight because they’ve been in the students’ shoes.
This course is for Engineers and Solution Architects who need to quickly learn how to design and implement more complex ACI fabrics. This can be customer engineers who support a production fabric with multiple hypervisor vendors, Partner engineers who need to design and build a customer fabric with firewalls and load balancers, or any engineer who needs comprehensive, hands-on, production-focused ACI training.
Students should have the following knowledge:
- Cisco Nexus and Data Center Layer 2/3 Concepts
- Basic Cisco UCS B Series Networking
- Basic VMware administration and networking
- Firewall and Load Balancer Principles
- Basic Management and Security Protocols
- Basic Linux System administration
Understand ACI architecture and concepts needed to get an ACI fabric into production
- Describe the hardware that makes up ACI
- Install and bring up an ACI Fabric
- Configure foundational Access Policies
- Configure Application Profiles
- Describe ACI fabric operations
- Integrate VMware and other hypervisors with ACI
- Configure Layer 2 and 3 outside connectivity to the ACI Fabric
- Integrate Layer 4-7 service devices with ACI
- Provide fundamental Day 2 fabric support
- Quickly find information on more advanced or detailed ACI features
- Formulate any next steps in their ACI training needs to support their company’s business goals